Fun facts about the Kodak Theatre:
– Has hosted the Academy Awards since 2002
– Location: 6801 Hollywood Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90028-6139
– Capacity for 3,401 people
– The stage is 113 feet (34 m) wide by 60 feet (18 m) deep.
– Eastman Kodak paid $75 to have its name associated with the theatre.
I would highly recommend taking a tour of this theatre. You get to walk up and down the very stairs that the stars do and even get to sit in one of the seats! Though the theatre looks smaller than it does on screen, it is still impressive.
Here is a video of the setting up of last year’s stage.